Recent Facebook Changes
If your business has been taking advantage of a free Facebook business page, you probably have some serious concerns about Facebook’s new changes and how that will affect your exposure. Sure…we all enjoy free advertising, and who wouldn’t? However, Facebook has changed the game and unfortunately, we have to “pay to win.”
Why the change?
Facebook sent out a survey and asked users what they wanted to see more/less of in their news feed. Guess what? The majority of survey participants said they wanted to see MORE of what their friends are posting and LESS promotional posts. As a result, business pages are getting extremely downplayed.
What does this change mean to my business?
- Your posts will NOW only reach about 1% of your organic audience! (Organic reach refers to how many people you can reach for free on Facebook by posting to your Page)
- While your page is still free (and can still be directly visited by anyone), you will have to pay to advertise your posts to reach the same amount of people that you were reaching prior to the change. The minimum daily budget for a Facebook ad is $5/day (although we recommend $10-$20/day for maximum conversions).
What should I do about it?
Due to these changes, it is even more important to use other print, web and social media to reach your clientele.
- Email marketing is a great way to keep communication going between you and your best customers. It is also highly affordable! For as little as $20/month you can reach up to 500 email contacts (with unlimited messages). That is the equivalent to running one Facebook ad for 4 days (at $5/day minimum cost).
- Print material (postcards, brochures, etc.) is NOT a thing of the past. We actually suggest backing up any special email/social campaign with some type of printed material (it’s a great 1-2 punch).
- Facebook advertising is also suggested if you really want to saturate your message and is fairly easy to setup.
This is an ongoing conversation. We will keep you posted as things develop. If you would like any more information on any of our three solutions above or have general questions, please contact Tiffany@Henley-Graphics.com or call 419-994-5488.